Dear Knox,
The day you were born was the greatest day of my life. You were so beautiful and precious. You held your lips in this perfect crooked fashion. It was so cute. You had the most beautiful head of red hair. We kept taking your hat off to stare at it. That first night I stayed up with you, held you, and studied every piece of you. You were God's perfect masterpiece. 10 fingers and 10 toes.
The day you arrived was so busy. We had family and friends coming in and out of the hospital room all day. So many people were praying for you and anxiously awaiting your arrival. Your dad was "playing it cool" but deep down I think he was anxious. He kept making the most awkward comments (the same ones I am sure you will soon be familiar with).
I loved you as you grew in my belly, but my heart became overjoyed on September 9, 2011. Knox, the way I love you is so strong. I have never known a love so strong until I held you in my arms. I now understand even more God's love and sacrifice for us. There is nothing I wouldn't do for you.
Tomorrow you are eight months old, but I feel like you have been with me my whole life. It feels like you have always been a part of me.
You are growing and changing so fast. Just in the past few weeks you started crawling, pulling up onto your knees, and now onto your feet. You follow me around the house. You come to me. I know it sounds small, but its the greatest. You crawl into my arms. I treasure those sweet hugs more than I can ever tell you.
You have these deep brown/gray eyes and you stare so intently. Wherever we go, people comment on your staring. Its like you are studying them, trying to know everything about them. You look at me directly in the eyes with this huge smile and I literally melt. Your dad thinks I am an emotional wreck because all it takes is a special moment with you and I'm in tears.
You have so much joy. It radiates out of you. You teach me about joy everyday. Isn't that amazing? God is using you at 8 months old to teach me about joy (and a million other things!)! You are already making a big impact on the world. I can't wait to see what God does with you.
The day you were born was the day I crumbled on my knees humbled before the Lord. The Lord has never blessed me so much and I have never been more aware of my inadequacies. From that moment on I have been in prayer constantly. Mostly for you, but also for me and your dad. We want nothing more than to be godly effective parents for you.
This Sunday, Mother's Day, you are being dedicated at church. I wanted to write you this letter to let you know how we are praying for you and how much we love you...
Knox, our prayer for you and greatest desire is that you will know Christ as your Lord and Savior. We pray your heart seeks the Lord and you will have a faith in God from a young age. We pray that you will have a hatred for sin; that you will be in this world but not of it. We pray you will be protected from Satan in all areas of your life: spiritual, emotional, and physical. We pray that you are loving, kind, godly man of integrity who respects authority. We pray for your future friends - that you will desire the right kind of friends and God will protect you from the wrong kind. We pray constantly for your future wife. Pray that God will protect you from the wrong mate and save you for the right one. We pray you will be kept pure for marriage and that God will bless you abundantly.
When I was pregnant with you God placed 3 things on my heart. One, that you would be wise beyond your years and that you would seek God's guidance in all areas of your life. Secondly, I prayed that you would be a protector of the innocent - that you would stand up for what is pure, right, and godly and protect those who are being persecuted. Lastly, I prayed that you would be a leader. These 3 things God placed on my heart and I will continue to pray them for you always.
Knox, above all we pray that you will completely submit to God and be sold out for Christ. We love you so much. God has blessed us abundantly with you. Happy 8 month birthday my love.
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
WOW. Such a powerful post! Thank you for sharing - it touched my heart and brought me to tears! You are such an amazing and godly mom and Knox is lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete