This past week we were scheduled to take a trip to Vegas with some good friends of ours, Sam and Molly. However, once I found out I was pregnant the thought of going to Vegas big, swollen, and unable to enjoy a glass of wine just bummed me out. So, we decided it was best to save a little money (because who really knows how much babies cost) and enjoy a get-away closer to home.
Tyler had a work something or other in San Antonio last week so we decided to make a trip of it. We stayed at this adorable B&B, the Oge House, in the historic district. This was our first B&B experience and it was very charming! We both agreed we would do it again, but maybe in a more romantic winter location. Summer = resort style pool not antiques and old fashioned china. Regardless, it was absolutely relaxing and wonderful.
We ate dinner on the river walk, visited every tourist attraction the San Antonio area has to offer and enjoyed every minute of it.
We went to the Buckhorn Museum and Saloon. Tyler was in HEAVEN. If you have never been there before, I highly recommend it. The entire place is full of amazing animals. There is everything from a two headed cow to a 3 antlered deer plus so much more!
Tyler read every plaque in the entire museum...
Tyler read every plaque in the entire museum...
We also visited the ALAMO! What’s a trip to San Antonio without a little Texas history? I have an ancestor (from my mom’s side) who fought and died at the Alamo. It was pretty special to read about him and learn a little more about the history there.
We spent our second day at the Natural Bridge Caverns. I am not sure if the caverns were really that great or if we were just in a great/silly mood, but we had SO much fun here. The only tricky thing was being VERY pregnant and climbing around in a damp (well really it was WET very WET) cave. I did not wear tennis shoes and I am very thankful to have survived the adventure without any mishaps.
After the caverns we made our way to Tyler’s “favorite thing in Texas”: the wildlife ranch. This is by far one of the most fun things to do in Texas. It’s a drive through African-style safari with hundreds of different animals. The animals literally come and eat out of your hands. The best part is the zebras who are very entitled and “ornery” as Tyler says. I had one grab an entire bag of food out from between my legs in the car. The ostriches also will keep you laughing. They are HUGE and somehow always manage to get just close enough to make you freak out. I could talk about this place for hours because it is so much fun and there is so much to do! I highly recommend it.
We then treated ourselves to some amazing pedicures (yes, Tyler will enjoy a pedi every now and then).
And last but not least, we went to my favorite place to shop: the San Marcus outlet malls. AMAZING. We both found some great deals. I have been wanting these gorgeous velvet drapes from Pottery Barn for about a year now, but I could never convince myself to spend the money on them. Well… I found them at the outlet for half off!! Seriously… it was a God thing (yes, I do believe God cares about drapes and provides great deals!) They are beautiful. I will post some pictures as soon as the house comes together.
We then ended the weekend at Canyon Lake with Tyler’s family. It was very relaxing and we were really thankful to have a little more down time before heading back to reality.
It’s funny though, as we were driving into our neighborhood we were talking about the week/weekend and all the fun stuff we did. We went through all the fun moments, but we both agreed the most fun was the drive home. I think that’s one of my favorite parts about being married to Tyler. No matter what we are doing, we have so much fun together. He really is the most joyful fun person I have ever met. I am so thankful to be married to my best friend.
Breanna, you sound hysterical in the ostrich video. What a fun time!
ReplyDelete